About the RDC and the Republican Platform
Republican data center beCloud
There are several dozen data centers operating in Belarus today, but only a few of them have a capacity of a megawatt or more. One of the largest complexes in Belarus and the first TIER III data center is the Republican Data Center, created by beCloud.
The beCloud Republican Data Center (RDC) is one of the most modern and reliable data centers in Eastern Europe, which offers its customers the highest level of security, fault tolerance and high-quality technical support. BeCloud specialists have created the data center using many years of experience and solutions from the world's best brands.
On the basis of the data center the Republican cloud platform beCloud was deployed in order to provide access to cloud services to all government agencies, as well as commercial companies.
The republican data processing center beCloud is the only modular fourth generation data center in Belarus. Applying the international experience and using modern pre-fabricated design technology the data center was built in record time for such facilities!
The solution was provided by Emerson Network Power (Zagreb, Croatia). On the eve of the construction experts studied foreign experience in creating and implementing such centers, having visited nine countries, including China, Latvia, Lithuania, the USA, Russia, the United Arab Emirates, Singapore and Spain.
- the total land area for the data center is 12 hectares;
- total capacity of IT-rooms is 624 racks (4 modules with 156 racks each);
- total area of IT-rooms is 3,200 square meters;
- estimated annual PUE - 1.4;
- critical engineering systems are duplicated according to the principle of at least N + 1;
- the presence of highly loaded racks with a supplied power of 12 kW;
- the total capacity of the final project will be 7.2 MW.
Certificates and statuses
Thanks to the Uptime Institute Tier III certification the beCloud Republican Data Center ensures that all the necessary conditions for guaranteed uninterrupted operation of computing equipment are met: fault-tolerant power supply, climate control, connection to high-speed fault-tolerant communication channels, comprehensive security, round-the-clock monitoring and support.
Special requirements for security in the banking and financial sector are met thanks to the received PCI DSS certificate.
In October 2016 the beCloud Republican Data Center was recognized as the best data center and received the main prize at the prestigious international competition – Russian Data Center Awards 2016 (Moscow, Russia). Out of more than twenty applicants for the victory the professional jury gave preference to the Belarusian project as the best implemented solution for creating a data center in Russia and the CIS countries.
- Uptime Institute (USA) is one of the most well-known and trusted international certification institutions. The system of standards for the reliability of data centers.
- Tier III Certification of Data Center Design Documents – the Project Certificate. This certification confirms that the data center’s infrastructure design documents comply with Uptime Institute Tier III standards. The data center was certified at this level in 2015.
- Tier III Certification of Constructed Data Center Facility – the Certificate of performance. This certificate confirms that the built and put into operation data center complies with the previously certified design documentation and meets the Tier III requirements of the Uptime Institute. Data center certification at this level was passed in 2016.
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a payment card industry data security standard developed by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council (PCI SSC), established by international payment systems Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB and Discover. The standard is a set of 12 detailed requirements for ensuring the security of data on cardholders that is transmitted, stored and processed in the information infrastructures of organizations. The first PCI DSS certification of a data center was passed in 2015 and is confirmed annually.
Reliability and safety
beCloud provides customers with a guaranteed level of reliability and security at all levels of service provision:
- a comprehensive perimeter protection and security system with fixed procedures for responding to incidents and an approved security policy, including confirmed by the PCI DSS certificate;
- high availability of engineering infrastructure of the Republican Data Center (the RDC) confirmed by the Uptime Institute certificate;
- fault-tolerant network infrastructure organized by means of redundant optical communication lines;
- reliable computing infrastructure, built using an integrated approach to ensure a high level of SLA through clustering and virtualization technologies;
- a secure contour for placing information systems and resources using certified information security tools.
- Uptime Institute Tier III certification (Design Documents 2015, Constructed Facility 2016);
- certificate of compliance with the requirements of international payment systems PCI DSS, is confirmed annually;
- guaranteed level of SLA availability – 99.982%;
- level of redundancy of engineering systems: N + 1;
- 2 independent OFCL (optical fiber communication link) routes;
- uninterrupted power supply system of racks;
- the ability to perform maintenance and repair work without interrupting the work of the data center and customer services, i.e. simultaneous operation and maintenance of the RDC is possible up to the replacement of system components, addition and removal of out-of-order equipment;
- round-the-clock guarded object (own security personnel that are constantly located at the object);
- militarized security of the Ministry of Internal Affairs;
- burglar alarm using vibrocable, motion sensors;
- a multi-level system of access for employees and clients to the RDC and the computer room;
- video surveillance system throughout the facility and inside each of the room (more than 96 cameras);
- video surveillance system using night IR illuminators, storing of the recorded video for at least 3 months;
- closed cabinets, access by unique keys.
beСloud provides its customers with round-the-clock technical service and monitoring, providing a flexible technical support system, taking into account, first of all, the needs of the Customer.
- professional maintenance and monitoring of the state of infrastructure and equipment 24/7;
- guaranteed level of power supply, communication channels and climatic provision in accordance with SLA;
- financial responsibility stipulated in the SLA for the quality of the service provided;
- organization of local access to equipment for the client from the open office (temporary workplace);
- services of the «Remote hands» type;
- storage of spare parts and equipment elements;
- organization of any data transmission channels;
- Internet access with guaranteed bandwidth without traffic accounting.
To learn more about hosting your servers in the Republican Data Center follow the link.
Republican cloud platform beCloud
Business «in the clouds», or what is cloud technology
Cloud technologies provide the user with a convenient virtual environment for storing and processing the information, that combines hardware, software, communication channels and technical support. Storing information in the «cloud» with an Internet connection makes it possible to access it from anywhere in the world from almost any device.
The «cloud» can be easily customized according to the needs, acquiring additional storage space or, on the contrary, refusing excesses. Working with cloud technologies allows you to quickly respond to new business challenges, reduces costs and increases the efficiency of enterprises and their divisions.
The infrastructure operator beCloud is the operator of the Republican Platform (RP), operating on the basis of cloud computing technologies, and is responsible for its creation and operation. This is stated in the Decree of the President of the Republic of Belarus dated January 23, 2014 No. 46 «On the use of telecommunication technologies by state bodies and other state organizations».
The Republican platform is a software and hardware complex based on virtualization technologies (VMware vSphere, FusionSphere OpenStack) and cloud services presentation’s automation.
The automation layer performs the function of managing the lifecycle of cloud data centers, virtual machines, cloud applications and users’ self-service portal, and also collects data on the use of the provided cloud services.
The beCloud «Cloud» is located on the basis of the beCloud Republican data center using the infrastructure of the Unified Data Transmission Network. The reliability level of the data center complies with Tier III certification and PCI DSS certification requirements.
The platform was created for storing and backing up customers’ data, providing convenient network access to software products, applications, services, storage systems.
Benefits of beCloud «cloud»:
The cloud architecture is deployed on the basis of the beCloud Republican data center.
The cloud architecture ensures continuous work of the applications 24/7.
There are no costs for the purchase of equipment and software, remuneration of IT specialists for system maintenance.
Highly qualified specialists
Services are rendered by highly qualified specialists with extensive practical experience.
World best practices
Support of the best world practices, ready-made templates and models.
The cloud infrastructure is more stable and more secure than customers’ infrastructures. This is due to the higher costs and level of knowledge required to build reliable data centers. Not every large company has this capability.
Using the services of the leading cloud platform in Belarus allows customers to reduce capital and operating costs, ensure business continuity and improve security and data protection.
For large, small and medium-sized businesses there have been created services for organizing the office work, customers’ relationship management, accounting for trade and production operations. beCloud provides a full cycle of service maintenance, from implementation to 24/7 technical support.
BeCloud cloud platform service models:
- Cloud Software as a Service (SaaS) – cloud software as a service, hereinafter «software as a service»,
- Data Center as a Service (DCaaS) – hosting server equipment as a service,
- Platform as a service (PaaS),
- Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS),
- Desktop as a service (DaaS) – service for providing a remote workplace,
- Private cloud,
- Backup as a service (BaaS).